Saturday

Wedding Party Favor DIY

Patty from Patty's Pretty Things is my guest blogger today. She is sharing a  sweet and inexpensive wedding favor craft. The blog is yours Patty-

I have seen packs of tic tacs decorated for different things (here and here), so I thought why not cover some for Danny and Natasha's rehearsal dinner?  Natasha chose light pink and black for her colors.  This is what I came up with:






As you can see, I used the Big Pack of tic tacs.  I couldn't find the smaller ones anywhere.  These are the supplies I used.


 I started by cutting the pink paper into 3" x 4 5/8" pieces.  


I then stamped my image on them.  I did several at a time.  I like to do assembly line work when I make my paper craft items.


Then I scored 5/8" in the center of the paper to allow the paper to fold around the box of tic tacs.


Next I rounded the corners


and made holes for the ribbon.


I made a page of the monogram on the computer and printed it off on a sheet like this. Then I punched them out with this oval punch and punched out a larger scalloped oval from silver glitter paper. I attached the two together with mini glue dots. 


Then I applied the monogram to the pink stamped paper with 2 mini glue dots. I tore off a strip of two of the dots them and applied them to the back of the oval monogram while still on the paper.



Then I and added rhinestones for the diamond rings. I used the tip of my scissors to pick the rhinestones off their paper and apply them to the diamond part of the stamp on the pink paper.



I attached the tic tac container inside with a strip of 3 more mini glue dots.

Finally, I tied the ribbon. I love this 3/8" taffeta ribbon from STAMPIN' UP! because it looks good anyway you tie it. Even if your aren't a good bow maker, it will always look beautiful. I cut the edges of the ribbon in a diagonal shape.



I have a few made up and am ready to complete more after I buy more tic tacs. I am not sure how many I need, but they are fun to make, so the more the merrier! I love to play with sparkles and pretty ribbon.  I am so excited about the wedding!


Would you like to have your wedding or party craft featured? Please contact me

linking to


Photobucket
hugsPlease visit me at Katherines Corner too!

2 comments:

  1. Back on my feet from much needed time off...I've been under the weather. Catching up now. Thank you for participating in the Getting To Know You blog hop. It's always great to see you there. Have a blessed day.
    Sherlinda

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Hugs from Katherine